As a little early holiday gift, here's a tutorial for how to make your own tiny tree ornaments. These little guys are a great way to use up yarn scraps, or feature little bits of hand-spun yarn. They knit up quickly, and make great gift toppers, too!
Tiny tree ornament
1. Loosely cast on 3 stitches in trunk color.
2. Knit 5 rows in trunk color.
3. Leaving a 12” tail, cast on 4 stitches in main color.
4. Knit the 3 trunk stitches as follows: knit first stitch using tail, knit second stitch using yarn from the ball, and the third stitch using the tail yarn.
5. Cast on 4 stitches in main color. You should have 11 stitches.
6. Rows 1 – 5: knit
Row 6: k2tog, k7, k2tog. 9 stitches remain.
Rows 7 – 11: knit
Row 12: k2tog, k5, k2tog. 7 stitches remain.
Rows 13 – 17: knit
Row 18: k2tog, k3, k2tog. 5 stitches remain.
Rows: 19 – 23: knit.
Row 24: k2tog, k1, k2tog. 3 stitches remain.
Row 25 - 27: knit.
Row 28: k3tog. Cut main color, pass tail through last remaining stitch.
7. Weave in ends. Gently steam your finished tree using an iron on the wool setting. Decorate as desired!