Indigo Quilt - Done!
I am very happy to report success with machine quilting this project! It's rainy and dark today, so this isn't the best picture ever, but I think you still get the overall look of the quilt.
My quilt is only a twin, but it was still quilt a challenge to maneuver it around during quilting. I used my Juki 1541 (aka Bertha), which isn't actually a quilting machine. It's got unison feed (the needle and the foot all move at the same time), and it worked out pretty darn well. I did "stitch in the ditch" instead of a visible quilting pattern.
I had just the right amount of indigo fabric to do a pieced design on the back of the quilt. I have about half a yard of scrappy bits left for future projects. I picked a bright orange kona cotton for the binding. It was a bit of a risk given the subtle shading of the indigo fabrics, but it sets off the embroidered sections and I couldn't be happier with the results.