Wedding skirt ingredients
Here is part one of the materials list for my wedding skirt and veil:
1. Large bag of dupioni and charmeuse silk scraps donated by the fabulous and generous Piper Ewan. She makes epic corsets, slip dresses, garters, and silk flowers, and is a gem of Portland indie fashion.
2. Bits of vintage kimono silk, and left over-bits from the re-work of one awesome embroidered and beaded 60's era dress, also from Piper,
3. A sample of curtain fabric woven by my grandmother,
5. bolt of old japanese silk from my great grandmother,
6. Hand-edged linen and cotton from the Paris flea market, plus another hankie,
7. fabrics from Singapore and Vietnam (the sparkly one didn't make the final cut),
8. hand-sewn doily fron Vietnam.
With all these goodies to work with, it would have taken some real work to achieve a less-than-awesome result. It was a real treat to be able to use the beautiful recycled materials from Piper, plus textiles from various stops along my travels, and so many family pieces.
There's even more ingredients to show, but I'll save them for next time.