Works in Process: A sweater and a garden
This gorgeous purple thing has been getting short shrift for the last few months. It’s a rather heavily modified version of Confetti. Between lots of work knitting and a number of “I’ll just knock this out in a week or two” projects on larger needles, I kept finding myself putting this sweater on the back burner.
At the beginning of the month, my goal was to finish this puppy in February. It turns out that this was a crappy goal because there was a lot more knitting left to do than I anticipated. My new goal is 20 hours knit on the project. That’s actually attainable, and should get me to a solid 2/3 done. Most of the body is done, and I’m knitting the sleeves down to the same point I’m done on the body so the color shifts from skein to skein will be even across the body and the sleeves.
At the beginning of the year, I made a list of all my current WIPs and an inventory list of all the fabric I had on hand for sewing garments. I’m working my way through both lists. The fabric is easier to deal with because it has a much lower volume to time to finished object ratio than the yarn. My office/studio has been consistently about 10% over actual storage capacity since we moved in back in September, and I feel like I’m constantly teetering on the edge of clutter and mess. Getting the fabric out of my office and into my closet will make a huge difference, and knocking out a few more knitting projects should allow me to get all my personal yarn into one dedicated shelving unit.
Meanwhile, I have started a container garden! from left, I have a pomegranate tree and a lemon balm plant from the nursery, and fancy basil and chard I grew from seeds. It took me a long time to get the lemon balm into a proper pot so it looks a little sad at the moment. I have tiny seedlings of kale, beets, and tomatoes coming up, and I’m very excited about turning the whole balcony into a little green oasis.