What's great about these needles:
- flexible natural material.
- gets smoother and more burnished with each use.
- tips can be adjusted and sharpened or dulled to your preferred point with an emory board or sandpaper.
- delightfully inexpensive.
What's not great about them:
- The tips on the larger size (4.0 and 4.5) are rather blunt.
- Smaller sizes (3.25 and below) may be slightly curved.
- Please note that the smaller needle sizes (2.75mm / size 2 especially) are somewhat fragile as they are made of a natural material. If you tend to carry your knitting at the bottom of a backpack and tend to drop heavy things on top of it, you might want to order a back-up set just in case.
Now that we have that out of the way, these needles are fantastic if you like bamboo and like saving money. For the cost of one set of fancy bamboo DPNs, you can get five sets of our needles - perfect for new knitters, anyone who wants to have all the sizes at a great price, or anyone who (ahem - like me) hates being stymied by not having the right size needles free at the right time.