A simple block design and charm squares up-cycled from vintage sheets create a sweet and cozy quilt! This tutorial will take you through all the steps to make a lap-sized quilt.
To make a 56 x 48 inch / 142 x 121 cm quilt, you will need:
- 143 charm squares, 5 inches / 12.7 cm square. I used several charm square packs from Vintage Fabric Studio on Etsy.
- 286 squares of a contrasting fabric for corners, 2 inches / 5 cm square. I used block-print indigo fabrics from my stash. I found that mini-prints worked better than larger-scale designs.
- Approx. 3 y of quilting cotton, 45" wide, or similar fabric for backing and binding. - Batting, at least 64 x 56 inches / 162 x 142 cm.
- Sewing thread in coordinating colors for piecing, and quilting thread for quilting. - Quilting ruler, rotary cutter, and mat.
- Sewing notions - needles for hand sewing, pins, basting thread, scissors, thimble (optional).